Making sure your clothes dried as quickly as possible isn’t just important for convenience – it’s important if you’re looking to save energy, thereby reducing your environmental footprint as well as your energy bills.
Tips to getting Clothes Dried Quickly
The following are a few tips to help you use your dryer efficiently in order to dry your clothes faster:
- If you have a small load of wet clothes that need to be dried, add a large item that’s already dry, like a towel, in with the load. Basically, the dry towel will help to take away some of the moisture from your wet clothes, thereby helping to reduce the moisture level inside the dryer and allowing your wet clothes dried much quicker.
- The sort you recently washed laundry as soon as it comes out of the washer. Take out the clothes that need to be dried immediately and throw those in the dryer on the auto high heat setting for about 15 minutes. Hang dry the clothing that doesn’t need to be dried right away.
- Before moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer, check to see how wet your clothes are. If they are soaking wet, then they will take way longer to dry in the dryer. Put them back in the washer and run a spin and drain cycle to remove the extra water. This should only take ten minutes to do, and by doing this you’ll be saving a lot of drying time.
- Make sure that your lint filter is clean before you run a load in the dryer. If there is lint in the filter, then the airflow of your dryer will be restricted. Remove the lint in order to ensure that your dryer is working as efficiently as possible to dry your clothes.
- Clean out any lint that has gathered in the air vent hose between your dryer and the wall. This will help to open up the airflow even more.
How do you know if you need professional cleaning?
- Are your clothes taking more than one cycle to dry?
- Are you smelling a burning smell?
- Is your dryer getting hot to the touch or hotter than normal?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, reach out to us now and receive $50 off.
For help with dryer vent cleaning to keep your dryer operating at maximum efficiency, contact us at Daffy Ducts.