People who have dirty air ducts cleaning have to keep in mind the consequences of a dirty environment including nasal congestion, allergies, and many other health issues. With the improvement of technology, people are starting to understand the hazardous effects of air pollution.
Many people try to make the indoor air clean and safe through regular air duct cleaning. Regular duct cleaning will get rid of pollutants like dust in your home heating and cooling systems.
There are several key signs that your air ducts need a thorough cleaning, including:
- The growth of mold inside the air ducts
- The infestation of small unwanted pests and insects in the air ducts
- The air ducts are clogged with dust and other debris
Can Dirty Air Ducts Affect Your Health?
- Dirty air ducts decrease the quality and cleanliness of your indoor home environment. Keeping air ducts clean has been proven to stop some serious health issues from occurring. The cleaning of air ducts improves the overall health of all family members. Medical research studies have proven that the health of patients suffering from pulmonary health conditions improved when air ducts were cleaned frequently.
- Dirty air ducts disable the efficient functioning of home ventilation and cooling systems (HVAC) – Dirt and debris can impede the efficient functioning of these systems. When these systems stop functioning, the air is no longer filtered. You can end up breathing in more contaminated air and therefore increasing your chances of becoming sick.
- Dirty air ducts can speed up the aging process – Do you ever feel tired and you don’t know why? It’s likely that you are breathing from contaminated air originating from ducts that haven’t been cleaned in months. Apart from causing serious health problems, this contaminated air also speeds up the aging process.
- Dirty air ducts are the common cause of allergies, sore throat, colds, and coughing – Dirty air ducts lower the quality of air in your house, promoting the circulation of allergens and other bacteria in the air. People with asthma and other allergies are the most likely to become sick; this is especially true with kids and the elderly. This is the main reason why these air ducts should be cleaned especially when expecting newborns who are normally sensitive.
- When the air ducts are not cleaned, pet dander, dust, pollen, and other allergens get stuck in the ducts. These allergens accumulate over time and when the air ducts are used, these allergens are blown around and distribute throughout the building. Breathing this polluted air may not cause allergies to some people but in the long run, it may cause another severe respiratory disease.
- Dirty air ducts are inhabited by rodents and insects – These unwanted rodents and insects are not only a nuisance but a serious health threat. These rodents and insects often carry disease, bite, get into your home, and even eat your food.
- Dirty air ducts cause odors – The presence of mildew and mold in your air ducts can bring a musty odor to your home. It may become less noticeable to you once you have been exposed to it for an extended period. However, it will be noticeable to any guests you invite to your home. Also check out 3 Signs Your Home Can Benefit From Duct Cleaning.