Hiring a professional duct and dryer vent cleaning service is something that you should do on a regular basis. Your ducts can get very dusty and dirty over time, which can result in the air quality of your home diminishing. When a build up of dust and dirt gets into your air, it can also result in issues for anyone that suffers from asthma, respiratory illness or even simple allergies.
Duct And Dryer Vent Cleaning Tasks:
The following are some of the tasks that a professional duct and dryer vent cleaning service will perform:
- They will open all of your access ports or doors in order to inspect and clean your entire duct system.
- Before they begin cleaning your duct system, they will do a thorough inspection to make sure that there are no materials that contain asbestos present, such as register boots or insulation. If they find any materials that contain asbestos, a specially trained and equipped contractor will need to be hired in order to remove them.
- Once the inspection is completed, they will use vacuum equipment in order to exhaust dust and debris particles out of the home. If the vacuum exhausts are within the house, then they will use HEPA (high efficiency particle air) vacuuming equipment.
- They will make sure that your carpeting and furnishings are protected as they clean.
- They will dislodge dust and other particles by performing well-controlled brushing and contact vacuum cleaning on the duct surfaces.
- Any fiberglass duct boards and sheet metal ducts that are lined with fiberglass will be cleaned using soft-bristled brushes. They will most likely replace accessible flex ducts since this is more economical than cleaning them – although they can be cleaned with the use of soft-bristled brushes.
- They will seal and re-insulate any holes that may have been made – on purpose or on accident – during the cleaning process in order to protect the duct work and make sure that it is airtight.
- They will follow the NADCA’s standards for air duct cleaning as well as the NAIMA’s suggested practice for cleaning ducts with fiber glass lining.
Contact us at Daffy Ducts for a thorough duct and dryer vent cleaning in your Atlanta home.